Post Date: 7 December 2017
Professional development opportunities in user experience
Here is a compilation of resources for professional development in user experience and digital topics. We will continue providing more resources moving forward to help you stay apprised of industry trends and best practices.
- UIE’s All You Can Learn Library: Over 324 seminars & more by experts in all things UX design. Subscription based.
- IEEE Experience Design Team training program: Curated webinar and training materials delivered online and in-person on a monthly basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive invitations. No charge to IEEE staff and volunteers.
- User Experience Professional Association Newsletter: Includes updates about UXPA events, chapters and benefits. Email newsletters are sent monthly.
- UX Booth: Publication by and for the user experience community containing articles for web-related topics. Email newsletter is sent weekly.
- User Interface Engineering Newsletter: Articles based on user experience research from industry experts. Newsletter is sent periodically when new research articles are published.
Books and Publications:
- Rosenfeld Media has user experience books authored by various industry experts and academia in paperback and ebook formats.
- A Book Apart publishes detailed, meticulously edited examinations of single web-related topics in two length formats: Standards (100–150 pages, available in paperback and ebook) and Briefs (50–70 pages, available in ebook only).
- Website Magazine provides news, insights and expert guidance on the business of developing, operating, and promoting a digital presence. Quarterly and monthly subscriptions available.
- User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) is the global professional association of User Experience (UX) practitioners and students. Join UXPA for a subscription to the online version of User Experience magazine, professional networking through our chapters around the world, discounts to their annual conference, and curated content and professional development training and mentoring.
- Interaction Design Association (IxDA) is a member-supported organization dedicated to the discipline of interaction design. Membership in IxDA is free. You can connect with your local group, join the online community, or attend a conference.
- Information Architecture Institute is a nonprofit (501c6) organization of volunteers. Their focus is to make the world’s information clearer and easier to use by improving how people learn, practice and teach information architecture (IA).