Templates, Tools, and Resources
This publicity toolkit contains the materials and information needed when speaking about the organization to the media and the public, using social media and identifying how and when to write a press release. There are also guidelines on the process for how and when to communicate with the IEEE communications team.
Have a question? Need to get in touch with a technical expert?
Communicating with the Press
This section focuses on building consistency to create “one voice” and includes key messaging, guidelines, and templates.
- Public Relations Basics/FAQs (DOC, 66 KB)
- News Release Process Document IEEE Staff (DOC, 74 KB)
- Communications Planning Checklist (DOC, 70 KB)
- Press Release Request Form (DOC, 67 KB)
- News Release Template (DOC, 46 KB)
- How to Optimize the Media (PPT, 4 MB)
- Media Training 101: How to Interact with the Press (DOC, 68 KB)
- Leveraging Social Media at IEEE (PDF, 295 KB)
- Social Media Best Practices (DOC, 80 KB)
- Media Kit
- Learn more about Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)