Help bring your presentations and IEEE communications to life with colorful icons and visual symbols that represent your topic from the updated IEEE icon library
An icon is a small picture or symbol intended to help people quickly recognize a tool, site, function or file format. Icons should be consistent in their behavior, positioning, and design and should reinforce commonly used metaphors.
To maintain consistency across communications, an icon library representing various technologies, and many commonly used symbols for use in print and digital communications has been developed for use. There are 64 icons available in four varied sets.
Topics include technologies, common computer-related symbols such as downloading a file, sign in, controls like pause, forward, backward, and many more.
Use of icons:
Consider using these icons to help illustrate technologies and topics as support graphics on your print and digital communications.
Please note: These icons may NOT be used in the creation of “logos” or IEEE trademarks.
Each library contains the same set of icons with differing design styles and IEEE-color accents using the following styles:
Outline icon styles
- Icon Library A (ZIP, 43.1 MB): Outline icon style with various accent colors from the approved IEEE color palette
- Icon Library B (ZIP, 43.1 MB): Outline icon style with cyan accent color
Flat icon styles
- Review the IEEE icon library catalog of options (PDF, 4.8 MB) to preview the styles, colors, and all the variety of icons.
- Download the full IEEE icon library (ZIP, 178 MB; contains EPS and transparent PNG formats)
- Send your ideas for new icons to us by using the IEEE Experience Design Team Contact Form.