IEEE Experience Design Team
The mission of the IEEE Experience Design team is to drive delivery of brand-aligned, best-in-class digital experiences and creative collateral. This includes:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of our corporate site, IEEE.org and the IEEE Brand Experience website
- Providing support, evaluation, consultation, and training to site managers
- Establishing and maintaining enterprise digital governance, and guidelines
- Oversight of agency of record, ensuring creative guidance and cost savings
- Providing strategy tools and resources for branding implementation in creative and digital deliverables
Daivee Patel, Director, Experience Design
Daivee manages the Experience Design team, directing team operations in order to ensure efficient development of branded experiences, driving the governance, processes, and resources needed to strategically scale the needs of the organization.
Prior to working at IEEE, Daivee worked on usability, analytics, and user research related to online mediums, digital statistical tools, and content management systems at SAP and Drexel University in Pennsylvania. Daivee is a past UXPA conference reviewer and more recently has also reviewed a book on accessibility, A Web for Everyone. Daivee joined the Experience Design team in 2008. Her focus is qualitative and quantitative user research methods, including but not limited to site reviews and usability testing. She also evangelizes user experience across the enterprise. Since 2020, Daivee is working with marketing and product and service managers across the organization, gaining knowledge of business goals and volunteer and customer needs across IEEE.
- B.E. Instrumentation and Controls Engineering, University of Mumbai
- M.S. Information Systems and Human Computer Interaction, Drexel University
- Mini-MBA in Digital Marketing, Rutgers University
You can work with Daivee if you need to:
- Engage the Experience Design team in a substantial project related to digital and creative marketing needs
- Discuss digital governance or user experience-related topics
- Evaluate potential external and internal partners for key marketing and creative projects
Yuen Wai Chow, Marketing Project Manager
Yuen joined IEEE in November 2021. In her role, Yuen’s focuses on strong project and process management to effectively handle the steadily increasing number of projects the Experience Design team handles each year. She provides IEEE staff and volunteers with project management support for print, digital, and interactive needs and facilitates projects with agencies, contractors, and Experience Design team members to ensure efficiency and timely delivery.
Prior to joining IEEE, Yuen’s career was focused on print production and design in retail, commercial, and publishing industries. Her job experience includes working as a Senior Associate packaging project manager at Bed Bath and Beyond, Pre-media Account Manager at Pubworx, and Color & Quality Assurance Analyst at Hearst Magazine. She was responsible for ad and artwork trafficking, organizing photoshoots, approving production samples, and managing projects with both domestic and overseas printers and vendors.
- Master of Science (M.S.), Print Media with focus on Business Management, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Art (B.A.), Organization Communication with Minor in Graphic Arts, Western Michigan University
You can work with Yuen if you need to:
- Initiate a project request with the Experience Design Team
- Evaluate your project objectives and needs
- Get assistance and guidance during the project lifecycle process
Mickey Young, Manager, Data Science, Analytics, & Marketing Intelligence
Mickey joined IEEE in 2012. In his role, Mickey focuses on developing enterprise-wide analytics solutions & integrated marketing strategies in order to measure digital effectiveness, optimize operations, reduce costs, and fuel data-informed decision making.
He provides IEEE staff and volunteers with customized solutions that help meet cross-organizational goals & objectives, improve brand visibility & governance, and create best-in-class user experiences through actionable insights.
Prior to joining the IEEE Experience Design team, Mickey spent 10+ years at IEEE as one of the organization’s subject-matter experts in social media & marketing. He previously provided strategic consultation & services to over 200 stakeholders and received eight industry awards and honorable mentions. He played a key role in developing paid media campaigns which resulted in over 3 million new social media followers and half a million mobile app downloads across multiple initiatives. He was also responsible for crisis communications monitoring, brand sentiment analysis, developing marketing & social media resources and policies, industry trade show/exhibit strategy, and more.
- B.A. in Information Technology from Rutgers University
- Data Science Certification from Rutgers University
- Google Analytics Certified
You can work with Mickey if you need to:
- Get assistance with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Google Custom Search, & Bing Webmaster Tools
- Develop custom analytics & tracking for your website and/or marketing activities
- Develop automated dashboards, advanced reporting, machine learning modeling, or data science-related projects for marketing intelligence
Robyn Gerbush, Digital Content Manager
Robyn handles content quality assurance, editing functions, and promotional opportunities for IEEE.org, and she provides guidance on other IEEE sites and initiatives to enhance content and user experience.
Previously, Robyn was the copy chief at a national publication, which produced two websites and a magazine. She handled all editing functions as well as SEO, newsletter production, and quality assurance.
- B.A. in Communications from Monmouth University with concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations
- Mini-Masters in User Experience Design (UXD) at Rutgers University
- Mini-MBA in Brand Development and Marketing Communications from Rutgers Business School
You can work with Robyn if you need to:
- Revamp the content on your IEEE.org section/page
- Evaluate the content on your website or app
- Promote a project on IEEE.org
Ken Jankoski, Experience Design Operations Manager
Ken joined IEEE in 2017. In his role on the Experience Design team, he provides IEEE staff and volunteers project management support for creative needs, while adhering to the IEEE branding guidelines and maintaining a strong focus on operations and agency management.
Prior to joining IEEE, Ken's career has focused on print and digital in both the retail and commercial industries. As a Marketing Production Manager for a major supermarket retail chain, A&P Supermarkets, he was responsible for print/digital promotions. He was also the Creative Project Manager for the largest toy specialty retailer in the world, Toys R Us.
- Certificate of Vocational Graphic Arts, Union County Vocational Technical School
- Independent course study in Graphic Arts, Union County College
You can work with Ken if you need to:
- Need help with support of team process to ensure smooth operations between agency and IEEE partners
- Request an estimate for a new project (Ken can be reached via the Experience Design Contact Form)
- Have questions pertaining to monthly billing
Leonard Coulson, Creative Manager
Len joined IEEE in November 2021. He serves as creative support with a focus on solving business challenges, while strengthening the IEEE brand. With a keen focus on metrics, identifying patterns, and A/B testing campaigns that inform customer behavior and serve to increase ROI, Len’s efforts ultimately result in increased customer satisfaction. His experience in creating compelling content for integrated, cross-channel initiatives that increase brand awareness and drive demand support the Experience Design team’s mission to build an unmistakably IEEE brand experience.
Len has over 25 years of experience working as an Art Director and Graphic Designer in the biotech, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and consumer products industries. He has worked with advertising agencies, and managed a creative services department in his varied roles and has a strong portfolio highlighted by work for AT&T, Telcordia Technologies, Covance, LabCorp, Celgene, J&J, Suntuity Solar and Rutgers University.
Whether it’s an integrated advertising, email or social media campaign, website visuals, PowerPoint presentation or print collateral, Len has had a hand in creating compelling content for integrated, cross-channel initiatives that increase brand awareness and drive satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts and Advertising from School of Visual Arts, New York City
You can work with Len if you need to::
- Ask questions about creative template solutions and resources found on the IEEE Brand Experience site or on application of brand to your existing visuals
- Have a question regarding the IEEE Master Brand usage and how it applies to the different media in the print and digital spaces
Khanh Luu, Experience Design Manager
Khanh joined the IEEE Experience Design Team in November 2022 and brings with him over 22 years of experience working with IEEE. In this role, Khanh’s main responsibilities are to manage governance for the IEEE digital presence in the areas of domain management, WordPress website launches (including but not limited to QA/UAT and compliance updates), digital presence database management, vendor management, and solutioning for the various tiers of IEEE sites in our digital presence. His role will integrate closely with several members of our team to make the digital experience more cohesive for staff, volunteers, and other end users as part of the services and support we provide.
Prior to joining the Experience Design Team, Khanh was a Senior Information Management Analyst at IEEE managing HTML and WordPress sites for members and volunteers, with extensive IT hosting and servers knowledge, and a deep understanding of volunteer needs that range from managing web hosting and supporting various applications such as WordPress and vTools. Khanh has also implemented several WordPress-based applications such as the IEEE Knowledgebase, IEEE Go URL redirection, IEEE Forms Tool, and a Workflow tool for use by IEEE staff and volunteers.
Khanh has a Bachelor of Arts degree in French from Rutgers University. He has won several awards during his time at IEEE for his support and contributions to IEEE volunteers and member activities.
You can work with Khanh if you need to:
- advice on domain naming and registration for an IEEE website
- help with hosting an IEEE website
- help with WordPress website maintenance and troubleshooting
Andrew Cottell, Senior Search Marketing Specialist
In this role, Andrew’s main responsibilities will be to manage the governance for the IEEE.org site search engine, search engine optimization and marketing (SEO/SEM) governance for the IEEE digital presence, and solve structural and content strategy challenges on these sites. He will work closely with ExD team members on search traffic analysis for IEEE.org and the IEEE Brand Experience website and assist with the digital presence database management. His role will integrate closely with several members of the ExD team to make the digital experience more cohesive for staff, volunteers, and other end users as part of the services and support we provide.
Having worked with large agencies such as MRM//McCann, Dentsu, and Forward3D, Andrew brings a strong focus on meaningful and impactful metrics to push organic search visibility in a measurable way. Other notable agencies and brands he has worked with include Genentech, General Electric, US Post Office, NY Lottery, and more. His experience in creating and optimizing large scale SEO campaigns will help reinforce the Experience Design team’s efforts to build an unmistakably IEEE brand experience.
Andrew studied Accounting at Bergen Community College and has certifications in Google Analytics and Google Adwords.
You can work with Andrew if you need to:
- Advice on SEO and keyword optimization
- PDF & web asset optimization
- Help with IEEE on-site, Google & Bing keywords
Wilmer Santiago Nunez, Technical Solutions Specialist
Wilmer joined IEEE in March 2023. In this role, Wilmer’s main responsibilities include managing Wufoo forms and Zapier integrations for the IEEE.org and IEEE Brand Experience websites. He is also responsible for supporting Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS maintenance efforts pertaining to the IEEE.org site, which includes workflow approvals, page updates, and code updates using HTML or CSS.
Before joining IEEE as an employee, Wilmer worked with the IEEE Experience Design team as contractor to support IEEE.org operations. Prior to IEEE, Wilmer’s previous role focused on Digital Asset Management using AEM to manage marketing and content assets to ensure correct taxonomy, metadata, as well as tagging and creating folder structure of all assets for the American Chemical Society (ACS) website.
- Independent course study in Computer Science, Union County College
- Certificate in Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 Website building course
You can work with Wilmer if you need to:
- Request a new form
- Pull entries from IEEE.org or Brand Experience forms
- Request support for AEM and Digital Asset Manager
Angelika Skotar, Graphic Design Specialist
Angelika joined IEEE in 2023. She provides IEEE staff and volunteers with graphic design support in their marketing efforts while ensuring all design concepts and visual elements align with the IEEE brand and sub-brands. She also serves as an in-house design resource for ExD partners by offering paid design services that need a quick turnaround.
Prior to joining IEEE, Angelika’s graphic design career was primarily focused on packaging design. Angelika has extensive graphic design experience in print, digital multimedia, and marketing. She has worked on design efforts at Colavita, Two Rivers Coffee, Sakar International, and iPerDesign Inc. in the larger tri-state area in the United States. She was responsible for creating brand related marketing materials and packaging from ideation to completion as well as providing support for social media marketing design needs, managing e-commerce sites, and closely adhering to brand guidelines when working with multi-licensed brands.
- Bachelor of Fine Art (B.F.A.), with specialization in Graphic Design, Monmouth University
- UX Design Certification from Google
You can work with Angelika if you need to:
- Produce digital and print marketing communications and collateral
- Assist with copy and design to align with each IEEE Operational Unit
- Coordinate quick turnaround on deliverables of design elements
- Enhance and expand creative design process
Risheek Somu, Data Science Specialist
Risheek Somu joined the IEEE in September 2023. In his role as a data scientist specialist, he focuses on tracking and synthesizing data analytics information across IEEE’s websites in order to enhance the efforts of the experience design team through data-informed decision making. He enables IEEE staff and partners to make strategic decisions that help enhance the company experiences for the end user.
Prior to joining IEEE as an employee, Risheek was an undergraduate student at UC Berkeley, California, USA, studying data science with focuses on business and industrial analytics. He has also had previous internship experience as a SQL developer where he helped maintain data collection and warehouses.
- B.A in Data Science from University of California, Berkeley
You can work with Risheek if you need to:
- Get assistance with Google Analytics, Python, SQL, and data visualization tools
- Develop data analysis reports by data cleaning and filtering and visualizations for that data
- Create predictive models using the data we have to answer questions that we seek.