IEEE Experience Design
The mission of the IEEE Experience Design team is to drive delivery of brand-aligned, best-in-class digital experiences and creative collateral. This includes:
- Providing support, evaluation, consultation, and training to site managers
- Establishing and maintaining enterprise digital governance and guidelines
- Oversight of agency of record, ensuring creative guidance and cost savings
- Providing tools and resources for branding implementation in creative and digital deliverables
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of our corporate site, IEEE.org
Daivee Patel, Associate Director, Experience Design
Daivee directly manages the Experience Design part of the team, directing team operations in order to ensure efficient development of branded experiences, driving the governance, processes, and resources needed to strategically scale the needs of the organization.
Prior to working at IEEE, Daivee worked on usability, analytics, and user research related to online mediums, digital statistical tools, and content management systems at SAP and Drexel University in Pennsylvania. Daivee is a past UXPA conference reviewer and more recently has also reviewed a book on accessibility, A Web for Everyone. Daivee joined the Experience Design team in 2008. Her focus is qualitative and quantitative user research methods, including but not limited to site reviews and usability testing. She also evangelizes user experience across the enterprise. Since 2020, Daivee is working with marketing and product and service managers across the organization, gaining knowledge of business goals and volunteer and customer needs across IEEE.
- B.E. Instrumentation and Controls Engineering, University of Mumbai
- M.S. Information Systems and Human Computer Interaction, Drexel University
- Mini-MBA in Digital Marketing, Rutgers University
You can work with Daivee if you need to:
- Engage the Experience Design team in a substantial project related to digital and creative marketing needs
- Discuss digital governance or user experience-related topics
- Evaluate potential external and internal partners for key projects
Yuen Wai Chow, Experience Design Project & Process Associate Manager
Yuen joined IEEE in November 2021. In her role, Yuen’s focuses on strong project and process management to effectively handle the steadily increasing number of projects the Experience Design team handles each year. She provides IEEE staff and volunteers with project management support for print, digital, and interactive needs and facilitates projects with agencies, contractors, and Experience Design team members to ensure efficiency and timely delivery.
Prior to joining IEEE, Yuen’s career was focused on print production and design in retail, commercial, and publishing industries. Her job experience includes working as a Senior Associate packaging project manager at Bed Bath and Beyond, Pre-media Account Manager at Pubworx, and Color & Quality Assurance Analyst at Hearst Magazine. She was responsible for ad and artwork trafficking, organizing photoshoots, approving production samples, and managing projects with both domestic and overseas printers and vendors.
- Master of Science (M.S.), Print Media with focus on Business Management, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Art (B.A.), Organization Communication with Minor in Graphic Arts, Western Michigan University
You can work with Yuen if you need to:
- Initiate a project request with the Experience Design Team
- Evaluate your project objectives and needs
- Get assistance and guidance during the project lifecycle process
Leonard Coulson, Experience Design Creative Specialist
Len joined IEEE in November 2021. He serves as creative support with a focus on solving business challenges, while strengthening the IEEE brand. With a keen focus on metrics, identifying patterns, and A/B testing campaigns that inform customer behavior and serve to increase ROI, Len’s efforts ultimately result in increased customer satisfaction. His experience in creating compelling content for integrated, cross-channel initiatives that increase brand awareness and drive demand support the Experience Design team’s mission to build an unmistakably IEEE brand experience.
Len has over 25 years of experience working as an Art Director and Graphic Designer in the biotech, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and consumer products industries. He has worked with advertising agencies, and managed a creative services department in his varied roles and has a strong portfolio highlighted by work for AT&T, Telcordia Technologies, Covance, LabCorp, Celgene, J&J, Suntuity Solar and Rutgers University.
Whether it’s an integrated advertising, email or social media campaign, website visuals, PowerPoint presentation or print collateral, Len has had a hand in creating compelling content for integrated, cross-channel initiatives that increase brand awareness and drive satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts and Advertising from School of Visual Arts, New York City
You can work with Len if you need to::
- Ask questions about creative template solutions and resources found on the IEEE Brand Experience site or on application of brand to your existing visuals
- Have a question regarding the IEEE Master Brand usage and how it applies to the different media in the print and digital spaces
Robyn Gerbush, Digital Content Manager
Robyn handles content quality assurance, editing functions, and promotional opportunities for IEEE.org, and she provides guidance on other IEEE sites and initiatives to enhance content and user experience.
Previously, Robyn was the copy chief at a national publication, which produced two websites and a magazine. She handled all editing functions as well as SEO, newsletter production, and quality assurance.
- B.A. in Communications from Monmouth University with concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations
- Mini-Masters in User Experience Design (UXD) at Rutgers University
- Mini-MBA in Brand Development and Marketing Communications from Rutgers Business School
You can work with Robyn if you need to:
- Revamp the content on your IEEE.org section/page
- Evaluate the content on your website or app
- Promote a project on IEEE.org
Ken Jankoski, Experience Design Operations Manager
Ken joined IEEE in 2017. In his role on the Experience Design team, he provides IEEE staff and volunteers project management support for creative needs, while adhering to the IEEE branding guidelines and maintaining a strong focus on operations and agency management.
Prior to joining IEEE, Ken's career has focused on print and digital in both the retail and commercial industries. As a Marketing Production Manager for a major supermarket retail chain, A&P Supermarkets, he was responsible for print/digital promotions. He was also the Creative Project Manager for the largest toy specialty retailer in the world, Toys R Us.
- Certificate of Vocational Graphic Arts, Union County Vocational Technical School
- Independent course study in Graphic Arts, Union County College
You can work with Ken if you need to:
- Need help with support of team process to ensure smooth operations between agency and IEEE partners
- Request an estimate for a new project (Ken can be reached via the Experience Design Contact Form)
- Have questions pertaining to monthly billing