IEEE Experience Design
The mission of the IEEE Experience Design team is to drive delivery of brand-aligned, best-in-class digital experiences and creative collateral. This includes:
- Providing support, evaluation, consultation, and training to site managers
- Establishing and maintaining enterprise digital governance and guidelines
- Oversight of agency of record, ensuring creative guidance and cost savings
- Providing tools and resources for branding implementation in creative and digital deliverables
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of our corporate site, IEEE.org
Monica Naureckas, Director, Experience Design Team
Monica oversees the Experience Design team’s operations, with the goal of creating a consistent, “unmistakably IEEE” end-to-end brand experience.
Monica joined the Experience Design team in 2008. From 2008 to 2013, in her roles as Digital Content Editor; Digital Content and Information Architecture Specialist; Manager, Digital Content; and Senior Manager, Digital Innovations, she worked to improve IEEE content quality in order to best represent the IEEE brand on public-facing digital experiences. Monica worked with marketing and product and service managers across the organization, gaining knowledge of business goals and customer needs, and saw opportunities for improvement to create a cohesive brand experience. Since 2015, in her role as Director, Experience Design, Monica manages a team of experts in creative design, user experience, brand architecture, content, functionality, and project management.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. in English from Villanova University
- M.A. in Organizational Communication and Leadership from Marist College
- Mini-Masters in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and User Experience Design (UXD) at Rutgers University
You can work with Monica if you need to:
- Engage the Experience Design team in a substantial project related to digital and creative marketing needs
- Discuss strategic direction for your branded materials
- Evaluate potential external and internal partners for key projects
Daivee Patel, Associate Director, Experience Design
Daivee directly manages the Experience Design part of the team, directing team operations in order to ensure efficient development of branded experiences, driving the governance, processes, and resources needed to strategically scale the needs of the organization.
Prior to working at IEEE, Daivee worked on usability, analytics, and user research related to online mediums, digital statistical tools, and content management systems at SAP and Drexel University in Pennsylvania. Daivee is a past UXPA conference reviewer and more recently has also reviewed a book on accessibility, A Web for Everyone. Daivee joined the Experience Design team in 2008. Her focus is qualitative and quantitative user research methods, including but not limited to site reviews and usability testing. She also provides training to stakeholders across IEEE on topics related to user experience.
Education & Certifications
- B.E. Instrumentation and Controls Engineering, University of Mumbai
- M.S. Information Systems and Human Computer Interaction, Drexel University
- Mini-MBA in Digital Marketing, Rutgers University
You can work with Daivee if you need to:
- Get advice on usability testing or qualitative research methods
- Conduct a usability review of your digital project
- Get assistance or guidance with web analytics
- Discuss digital governance or user experience-related topics
Dave Goessling, Manager, Brand Architecture
Dave has worked on the Experience Design team since 2010. He works with IEEE staff and volunteers to improve the user search experience on IEEE.org and other web presence sites, advise on content strategy, and provide website and site search analytics. He also manages and maintains the Digital Presence Database, which stores data on IEEE’s domain name and social media site portfolio.
Prior to working at IEEE, Dave served as an information architect, content manager, and taxonomy specialist at IDC (International Data Corp.), Isobar, AIG, Alcatel-Lucent, and KPMG. He also has experience in technical and business publishing, having worked as a business researcher, technical editor, and competitive intelligence analyst at infogroup/ORC, the AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics), and R.R. Bowker.
Education & Certifications
- B. Music, American University
- Mini-Masters in Digital Marketing, Rutgers University, 2015
- Mini-Masters in User Experience Design (UXD), Rutgers University, 2011
You can work with Dave if you need to:
- Register or update an IEEE domain name
- Improve the SEO and “findability” of your website pages
- Set up Google Site Search, Analytics, or Webmaster Tools
Jackie Ward, Senior Manager, Creative Direction and Brand
Jackie directly supervises the Creative Design team on development of projects from initial concept through to launch by facilitating relationships with agencies and vendors, and by providing expert consultation to achieve “unmistakably IEEE” quality creative work. She also serves as the “gatekeeper” of the main IEEE brand and its associated sub-brands, leads brand strategy discussions, and facilitates brand education sessions. Her role includes development and implementation of brand standards and usage guidelines, as well as updates to the online brand toolkits.
Jackie joined IEEE in December 2013 as a Creative Design Associate in a temp role, before coming on full time in her new role as Manager, Creative Design and Brand. She has over thirty years’ experience in the marketing communications industry, with a portfolio of accomplishments highlighted by her award-winning designs for Fortune 500 companies and smaller, not-for-profit organizations. Her agency and contract experience includes management and creative development of print and digital collateral for employee communications and consumer and B2B markets, ensuring consistency of established brand guidelines for clients including Merck, FedEx, Boston Scientific, Estee Lauder, AT&T, Deutsche Bank, Corning, Honeywell, The Hartford, Campbell’s, Pitney Bowes, and Kimberly Clark. In her time with IEEE she has played a large role in growing relationships across IEEE, and managing marketing communications projects for our partners.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Fine Arts from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
You can work with Jackie if you need to:
- Engage the Creative Design team for project needs
- Have a question regarding brand implementation, for both the IEEE Master Brand, or any sub brand logos, brand usage questions and guidance, and formal compliancy reviews of collateral intended for use
Robyn Gerbush, Digital Content Manager
Robyn handles content quality assurance, editing functions, and promotional opportunities for IEEE.org, and she provides guidance on other IEEE sites and initiatives to enhance content and user experience.
Previously, Robyn was the copy chief at a national publication, which produced two websites and a magazine. She handled all editing functions as well as SEO, newsletter production, and quality assurance.
Education & Certifications
- B.A. in Communications from Monmouth University with concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations
- Mini-Masters in User Experience Design (UXD) at Rutgers University
You can work with Robyn if you need to:
- Revamp the content on your IEEE.org section/page
- Evaluate the content on your website or app
- Promote a project on IEEE.org
Ken Jankoski, Experience Design Operations Manager
Ken joined IEEE in 2017. In his role on the Experience Design team, he provides IEEE staff and volunteers project management support for creative needs, while adhering to the IEEE branding guidelines and maintaining a strong focus on operations and agency management.
Prior to joining IEEE, Ken‘s career has focused on print and digital in both the retail and commercial industries. As a Marketing Production Manager for a major supermarket retail chain, A&P Supermarkets, he was responsible for print/digital promotions. He was also the Creative Project Manager for the largest toy specialty retailer in the world, Toys R Us.
- Certificate of Vocational Graphic Arts, Union County Vocational Technical School
- Independent course study in Graphic Arts, Union County College
You can work with Ken if you need to:
- Initiate a creative project request
- Evaluate your project objectives and needs
- Get assistance and guidance during the creative process
Alin Iancau, Digital Solutions Manager
Alin joined IEEE in 2019 and is the newest member of the Experience Design team. In collaboration with the IEEE community and volunteers, his focus is elevating the user experience for IEEE digital content. Alin oversees the creation, management and functionality of digital content for IEEE.org and other IEEE sites. He serves as a “user voice” within the team, and advocates for user experience best practices across the IEEE digital presence – in terms of processes, accessibility, function and interaction design.
Alin has over ten years’ experience in the web design and front-end development space, with extensive background in client and project management, leading web design and development for print and digital content. Alin previously worked for the IEEE Standards Association where he was working in a contractor position as Digital Specialist from January 2018 until now. In this role, Alin assisted the IEEE-SA Digital Team in creating web content and managing digital applications. Prior to working with IEEE, Alin worked as a web designer and front end developer for OCS Access, a web solutions provider for office coffee service, water, vending and food service companies for over 6 years. He simultaneously worked at BrandillyMC, a full-service creative agency, as a freelance web designer for over 9 years. He has also previously owned a web design business, Modern Art Media, between 2005 – 2016, and served as Principal Consultant when managing web design projects for his company.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Security and Risk Analysis, Pennsylvania State University
- Associate of Science (A.S.), Information Science and Technology, Pennsylvania State University
- Certificate, Web Design and Development, Middlesex County College
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Social Anthropology, Babes-Bolyai University
You can work with Alin if you need to:
- Gain access to tools and resources for digital content
- Review and advise on digital content for optimal user experience
- Troubleshoot technical or design issues for digital content