This publicity toolkit contains the materials that are designed to help you plan and write a news release and guide you through the approval process. Also included are media relations materials that will help in preparing for an interview with a reporter.
Have a question? Contact:
News Release/Communications Planning
These materials are designed to help you develop a communications strategy, identify target audiences, and ensure that IEEE news releases contain consistent, aligned messaging.
- Public Relations Basics/FAQs (DOC, 66 KB)
- News Release Process Document IEEE Staff (DOC, 74 KB)
- Press Release Request Form (DOC, 67 KB)
- News Release Template (DOC, 46 KB)
- How to Optimize the Media (PPT, 4 MB)
- Media Training 101: How to Interact with the Press (DOC, 68 KB)
- Leveraging Social Media at IEEE (PDF, 295 KB)
- Social Media Best Practices (DOC, 80 KB)
- Media Kit
- Learn more about Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)