This publicity toolkit contains the materials and information needed when speaking about the organization to the media and the public, using social media and identifying how and when to write a press release. There are also guidelines on the process for how and when to communicate with the IEEE communications team.
Have a question? Need to get in touch with a technical expert?
Communicating with the Press
This section focuses on building consistency to create “one voice” and includes key messaging, guidelines, and templates.
- Public Relations Basics/FAQs (DOC, 66 KB)
- News Release Process Document IEEE Staff (DOC, 74 KB)
- Communications Planning Checklist (DOC, 70 KB)
- Press Release Request Form (DOC, 67 KB)
- News Release Template (DOC, 46 KB)
- How to Optimize the Media (PPT, 4 MB)
- Media Training 101: How to Interact with the Press (DOC, 68 KB)
- Leveraging Social Media at IEEE (PDF, 295 KB)
- Social Media Best Practices (DOC, 80 KB)
- Media Kit
- Learn more about Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)